Tomato Mushroom Crostini
Tomato Mushroom Crostini: The lightly sauteed mushrooms and olive-oil tossed fresh tomatoes, paired on a pan toasted crostini. Healthy Appetizer.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
- 1 Large tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup Button mushrooms, chopped
- 1 Baguette, sliced
- 1 tbsp Butter, for the baguette
- 4 tbsp Ricotta cheese
- 1/4 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 tsp Garlic salt, plain salt is also an option
- 1/2 tsp Chilli flakes, optional
- 1 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- Mint Leaves
- Butter each sliced baguette slices and sprinkle some garlic salt on each of them.
- Heat a non-stick pan and toast the baguette slices on both sides till golden brown in color.
- In the same non-stick pan, add 1 tbsp oil, Italian seasoning and red chili flakes.
- Saute the oil and chili mix.
- Add the chopped mushrooms and saute for 2-3 minutes till they are lightly cooked. Turn off the heat and remove the mushrooms from the pan.
- Spread ricotta cheese on each toasted baguette slice.
- Add chopped mushroom and tomatoes on each slice (you can add both as per choice).
- Add chopped Mint and drizzle balsamic vinegar. Place the Tomato Mushroom Crostini in the serving platter.