Pear & Custard Tart
- 1 sheet Pastry
- 1/2 cup Cream
- 1 tsp Flour
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tbsp Caster Sugar
- 4 Pears cored, peeled, sliced
- Ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- Line a 20cm flan tin with the pastry and trim edges. Prick base with a fork a few times and rest for 15 minutes.
- Place a sheet of baking paper over the centre and weigh down with rice or dried beans. Bake for 15 minutes then remove centre weights and bake a further 5 minutes.
- Remove and set aside.
- Reduce oven temperature to 160ºC.
- Whisk flour into cream and add vanilla extract, eggs and sugar.
- Arrange pears on the pastry base and pour custard mixture over the top. Shake cinnamon over the tart and bake for 20-25 minutes. Best served warm.
This pear and custard tart recipe can be made easily from ingredients in your pantry.