Creamy Garlic Prawn Pasta
Servings 4 people
- 250 g Fettuccine
- 30 g Butter
- 300 g Small peeled prawns
- 3 Garlic cloves, minced
- 65 ml Dry white wine
- 250 ml Thickened cream
- 125 ml Chicken broth/stock
- 50 g Finely grated parmesan cheese More for serving
- 2 tbsp Finely chopped parsley
- Black pepper
- Bring to boil a large pot of water. Add pasta and cook per packet MINUS 1 minute.
- Just before draining, scoop out 1 cup of pasta cooking water and set aside. Drain pasta.
- Meanwhile, melt 1 tbsp of butter in a large non stick skillet over medium high heat. Add prawns and cook for 1 1/2 minutes on each side until just cooked through. Remove prawns.
- In the same skillet, add 1 tbsp butter. Once melted, add garlic. Stir for 20 seconds until fragrant.
- Add wine and stir. Simmer for 2 minutes until wine mostly reduces.
- Add cream, broth and parmesan. Stir until the parmesan is melted, then leave to simmer for 1 1/2 minutes until it thickens slightly (will thicken more in next step).
- Add prawns, stir, then add pasta plus about 1/4 cup of reserved pasta water. Toss pasta (still on stove) and the sauce will thicken in about 30 - 45 seconds and start clinging to the pasta.
- Take it off the stove before the sauce is as thick as you want - it will thicken more.
- Sprinkle with most of the parsley and black pepper. Toss again until the sauce consistency is to your taste. Add a tiny splash of pasta water if it gets too gluggy.
- Serve immediately, garnished with remaining parsley and parmesan if desired.