Cranberry Pecan Cheese Balls
What better way to impress your family and guests this holiday season than with this festive cranberry pecan chive and garlic loaded cheese ball.
Servings 6 People
- 230 g Cream cheese
- 1 cup White cheddar cheese Shredded
- 1 cup Dried cranberries, chopped
- 1 cup Pecan nuts, chopped Optional to toast
- 1/4 cup Chives or green onions, chopped
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- To Toast Pecans: Pre-heat oven to 180C. Place chopped pecans on a baking tray and bake for 5 minutes or until aromatic. Remove from oven and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, cheddar cheese, ½ toasted pecans, ½ cup dried cranberries, chive or green onion, and garlic powder until well combined.
- Place mixture in the center of a piece of plastic wrap or parchment paper and cover completely with wrap while forming it into a ball shape. Place in fridge until ready to serve.
- Just before serving, combine remaining ½ cup pecans, ½ dried cranberries, and 2 tablespoon chives on a flat surface or cutting board. Unwrap the ball and roll in cranberry-pecan mixture.
- Serve with crackers, pita chips, pretzels, carrots or celery.
- Alternatively, you can divide the mixture into smaller portions for individual servings.