Cranberry Pecan Cheese Balls
What better way to impress your family and guests this holiday season than with this festive cranberry pecan chive and garlic loaded cheese ball.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Servings 6 People
- 230 g Cream cheese
- 1 cup White cheddar cheese Shredded
- 1 cup Dried cranberries, chopped
- 1 cup Pecan nuts, chopped Optional to toast
- 1/4 cup Chives or green onions, chopped
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- To Toast Pecans: Pre-heat oven to 180C. Place chopped pecans on a baking tray and bake for 5 minutes or until aromatic. Remove from oven and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, cheddar cheese, ½ toasted pecans, ½ cup dried cranberries, chive or green onion, and garlic powder until well combined.
- Place mixture in the center of a piece of plastic wrap or parchment paper and cover completely with wrap while forming it into a ball shape. Place in fridge until ready to serve.
- Just before serving, combine remaining ½ cup pecans, ½ dried cranberries, and 2 tablespoon chives on a flat surface or cutting board. Unwrap the ball and roll in cranberry-pecan mixture.
- Serve with crackers, pita chips, pretzels, carrots or celery.
- Alternatively, you can divide the mixture into smaller portions for individual servings.