Servings 2 Loaves
- 1 cup Butter Softened
- 2 cups Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 cups Buttermilk or homemade buttermilk
- 4 cups Flour
- 2 tsp Baking soda
- 2 cups Milk + 2 tbsp vinegar or lemon juice
Cinnamon Sugar Mixture
- 2/3 cups Sugar
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- Cream together butter, 2 cups of sugar, and eggs. Add milk, flour, and baking soda.
- Put half of the batter into two greased loaf pans (1/4 in each pan).
- Mix in separate bowl the cinnamon sugar mix. Sprinkle 3/4 of cinnamon mixture on top of the batter in each pan.
- Add remaining batter to pans; sprinkle with last of cinnamon topping. Swirl with a knife.
- Bake at 180 degrees for 40-45 min. or until toothpick tester comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 20 minutes before removing from pan.