Chocolate Cinnamon Rolls with Condensed Milk Glaze
For The Dough
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 packet yeast dry yeast
- 2 eggs
- 1 yolk
- 8 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 cup flour
- 2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/3 cup condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 350g KeoTella Hazelnut Cream Spread
For The Dough
- Warm milk to 40 degrees. Stir 1 tablespoon of sugar, milk and 1 packet of active dry yeast. Give it a quick stir and let stand for 5 minutes until foamy.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, fitted with the hook attachment, combine flour, salt, sugar, and yeast mixture. Beat on low until just combined.
- Add one egg at a time, and continue kneading until the dough begins to form.
- Add butter, one tablespoon at a time, and knead at medium speed until the dough is soft and smooth, and doesn’t stick to the sides of the bowl. This takes about 8 minutes. If the dough is too sticky, add more flour, 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Spray a large bowl with cooking spray and transfer the dough. Cover with plastic wrap and allow to rise for about an hour, at room temp.
To Shape The Dough
- Once the dough has doubled in size, transfer to a floured surface and using a rolling pin, shape the dough into a 16×12-inch rectangle, long side facing you.
- Spread the chocolate filling all over the dough, leaving about 1 inch on each side. Sprinkle another half cup of chocolate chips. Roll the dough and form a log shape (about 12 inches long), pressing on the ends. Trim the edges and lightly flour the roll.
- Using a serrated knife, cut the roll into 12 equal parts.
- Transfer to a greased 9x13inch pan. Cover with plastic wrap or a towel, and allow to rise for another hour.
- Bake at 180 degrees c for about 25-30 minutes until golden.
To Make The Condensed Milk Glaze
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the sifted powdered sugar, softened butter, condensed milk, and vanilla. Beat until desired consistency. If the glaze is too thick add 1 tablespoon of milk at a time, until soft and creamy. On the contrary, if it’s too liquid, add 1/4 cup of powdered sugar at a time, until creamy.
- Spread the glaze over the warm cinnamon rolls and enjoy!