Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 55 minutes
Servings 1 Loaf
- 2-3 Very ripe bananas, peeled (about 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 cups mashed)
- 1/2 cup Melted butter
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup Sugar (1/2 cup if you would like it less sweet)
- 1 Large egg, beaten
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup All purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius and butter a 4x8 inch loaf pan.
- In a mixing bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork until completely smooth. Stir the melted butter into the mashed bananas.
- Mix in the baking soda and salt. Stir in the sugar, beaten egg and vanilla extract. Mix in the flour.
- Pour the batter into your prepared loaf pan. Baked for 50 minutes to 1 hour at 175 degrees Celsius or until a cake tester inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool in the pan for a few minutes. Then remove the banana bread from the pan and let cool completely before serving. Slice and serve.